Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Garden Vegetable soup- crock pot

You can find the method for this recipe here. I put rib in chicken breasts in the crock pot with salt and pepper. Then I sauteed all the vegetables and put them in the crock pot, with the spices, broth, tomatoes. When the chicken was done I took it out to shred it so it wouldn't get over down.I put kale in this soup and I put the kale in 20 minutes before serving, I don't like it mushy. I didn't put the corn in until about 10 minutes before serving.
Here is a cut and paste from the post linked above.

Again this is more of a method than a recipe...
Chicken breasts- broiled with salt and pepper cut into bit sized pieces
Minced garlic clove
Chopped red bell pepper
Chopped carrots
Chopped celery
Chopped onion
Chopped zucchini
Fresh green beans cut into ¾ in size
Frozen corn
Low sodium chicken broth (2 1/2 boxes)
Can of diced
tomatoes
Bay leaf
Italian seasoning
Sea salt
Black pepper
Lime juice
Garnish-
Chopped parsley
Chopped celery leaves
Lime wedges
Heat olive oil in a heavy bottomed stockpot over medium low heat. Once heated sweat garlic and onion with a little salt. Add carrots, green beans, bell pepper, celery, bay leaf and Italian seasoning, cook for about 5 minuets, stir. Add zucchini, roasted chicken and any juices, broth, salt and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Once simmering lower heat and cook until vegetables are fork tender. Add corn kernels a little before cooking time is up. Remove from heat and add about 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice. Discard Bay leaves. Serve with garnishes.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.