Gotta love Pinterest! I saw these newspaper print nails and had to try them. The problem is I tried dipping my nail in alcohol, dipping the paper in alcohol... nothing. BIG disappointment. I tried printed paper- laser and newspaper. Then I decided to try nail polish remover. Not my OPI remover, the cheap stuff. It worked! Here's what I did. I didn't dip my finger in the remover.
1. Paint your nails a light color. Let them dry.
2. Cut strips of newspaper or strips of printed paper to fit your nail. (It doesn't have to be exact.)
3. Dip one strip of paper in the remover until it's wet, 1-2 seconds. Place the paper on your nail, press a little bit. Hold the paper in place for 15-20 seconds.
4. Carefully remove the paper. If you have any paper lint left behind on the nail just wash it off gently with water.
5. Repeat with all of your nails.
6. Put a top coat on your nails.
This takes practice. Once you get the hang of it, it's easier. The pictures here are from my first attempt with color printed pictures. So they aren't perfect, but I couldn't wait to share! I got the images off of Bing.com.
My white/light polish is Revlon Matte Suede in Power Puff, one of my FAVORITE shades. Isn't it just lovely?
Here are some more pictures...
Ignore my cuticles... but that's Totoro!
It's hard to get a 3 year old to sit still, but she picked a shrimp Nigiri to put on her finger.
Here's a picture of the printout I did...