Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Rice Pudding/Crock pot

I know I already have a crock pot rice pudding recipe on here, post link. But I had some leftover rice and some evaporated milk I needed to use up.

4 cups cooked rice
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 cans (12 oz cans) evaporated milk (I like my rice pudding a little more runny next time I'll add another can)
1-2 cinnamon sticks
5 crushed cardamom pods
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Butter the crock with butter. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 4-5 or on high for about 2-3 hours, until the rice is tender and milk is absorbed. I was home to stir this a few times AND keep an eye on this to make sure it didn't become paste. If the rice isn't tender but the milk is absorbed you can add a splash of milk. I'm sorry this isn't an exact time for you. If I make this again I'll try to remember to time it better.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.