Monday, August 8, 2011

(Breckist cast roll) Breakfast Casserole

My husband doesn't like quiche. But he'll eat this. There's no real difference except crust IMO, but there you go.  This is quick, easy, VERY adaptable, and can feed a crowd. We don't really eat a lot of white potatoes around here so I don't put that in our casserole. But if you want to throw in some potatoes (regular or sweet) that were sauteed in butter with onions that would be good! Just make sure they are cooked. Add other vegetables- roasted green chilies, broccoli, tomato, cubed sauteed pumpkin and more. Try using bacon, turkey sausage, Canadian bacon- whatever.  Make a pizza one with pepperoni and pizza toppings. Serve with hot marinara sauce for a fun diner. This is primal friendly too. The sausage I use has no MSG or sugars added. You can also use ground pork and add sausage seasonings.
Diva was my note taker when I was making this. She also did some whisking and cracked all the eggs. I love her little notes and drawings so I take pictures of most of them. Here are her notes from this recipe. It looks a lot like my note cards actually. LOL. At least she put a title. I end up having to guess what my list of ingredients is for. "Breakist cast roll"- awesome. And she loves me too. Even more awesome.

Give Peas A Chance Breckist cast roll

1 1/3 cup milk
10 eggs
1 cup cheese
1 pound sausage- with or without casings
2 cloves garlic- minced
1 white or yellow onion- chopped
1 bell pepper- chopped
2 tablespoons green onion- chopped
salt and pepper 
onion powder
garlic powder
ground mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a pan cook the sausage. Remove from the pan, and slice if they are in links. Saute the garlic, white or yellow onion and bell pepper in some of the reserved sausage fat. Just until crisp tender. Remove from pan. In a large bowl beat the eggs and whisk in the milk. Add all seasonings and green onion.  Stir in cooked sausage, vegetables and cheese.
Pour into a 9x13 pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, more green onion, and cilantro.

Are you cooking with your kids? There's still time to enter to win a Kids Cooking Activities e book! Check out other giveaways also, links on the left hand side of the blog!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.