Monday, January 3, 2011

Cookbook and the non resolution

My six year old making us green eggs and ham for breakfast.

I don't like to make resolutions. I have before but eh. I was and have been thinking about this cookbook though. I'm going to start picking favorites and hopefully retaking pictures and working on a SMALL(er) project. A few thoughts I have

- Some of my earliest pictures and even current ones aren't that great. I know that whatever pictures I take aren't going to be fantastic but I think improving on lighting and such will make a more beautiful book.
- Small(er) project= smaller book(s) Which means either themed books or just a collection in different books, eventually in the event of a miracle.
- In keeping with my original reason for this book (you an read more about that in the link above or search cookbook on this blog), I want to include personal recipes and stories but I may have to figure out how to cut out some of the stories out, so I can include more food.
- Bento section- I may or may not include it. I have one in the current (huge) book, just pages of thumbnails of lunches. I may take most of them out and just include a picture here and there. Or just take them out. Originally I thought it would be fun for the girls to look back and see a bit of childhood. Now I am thinking space hogs, LOL.
- What to include. I'm just not sure. There's so much. I need to condense. So.... any input on that would be awesome. What should I include? Take out? Any faves you have?
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Have you thought about maybe just photoshopping the pictures to improving them? I say keep the bentos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer- I suck at photoshop. LOL but that's a good idea if they are salvageable I might do that! thanks so much and happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. What camera do you have again? Can't remember...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Nikon D7000 DH just got me a 35mm lens which I'm loving <3
    if I'm out it's my sony cybershot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Photoshop Elements. I find it much easier to figure out than the regular Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you planning to sell your cookbook? I would buy at least 2 copies. That way in the event that I ever move and one gets lost, I would have a backup. I'd also wear it out regularlly. You have so many different recipes to choose from, so I know it has got to be hard to decide which ones to choose. Your chicken lasagna is amazing and would make a great addition to your cookbook. I am going to try your pizza rolls this weekend because they look awesome and my family loves pizza. Many people do not know how to make Prime Rib. Your instructions are great. I love seeing your pictures, but I know that it is impossible to add them all. Good luck Katherine. ~ Elisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. well... I will have it up for sale but. I haven't gotten that far LOL I'll letyou know though thanks soo much

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.