Sunday, December 19, 2010

Vanilla Bean Bread with Tang Zhong Starter

This is why I'm not a baker. Thank God this recipe was so very forgiving. I just found where I put my notes for this. One of my flaws is that I cook and write at the same time. I don't write a title, I write ingredients and measurements. It gets confusing all my scrap papers.  I did blog the Tang Zhong starter.  I used a recipe much like this recipe as a base, but I was tired and it all went down hill from there. Put everything... and I mean everything *groan* in the bread machine on the dough cycle then I shaped the dough after. The reason I groan is because I remember it was so late at night and I was tired. I put everything in the bread machine then read that the butter was supposed to be brushed on top. I also over poured into my bowl on the scale a few times. I was crazy tired.

Vanilla Bean Bread with Tang Zhong Starter

2 eggs 95 grams
59 gm whipping cream ¼ cup
59 gm whole milk ¼ cup
80 gm Tang Zhong Starter
540 gr AP flour 4 ¼ cup ish
4 gm salt 1 tsp
13 gm milk powder 13 tsp
11gm yeast 4 tsp
 51 gm soft butter 2 1/2ish tbs


Throw it all in the bread maker. Select dough cycle.
See, it rose beautifully!
Shape.
Let rise for 30 minutes. Brush with butter.
Baked at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Tap the top to see if it sounds done. I don't know how I know, it just is. (Hallow sounding.) Which is shocking since it's baking and I'm not a great baker.


Vanilla Bean Bread with Tang Zhong Starter

2 eggs 95 grams
59 gm whipping cream ¼ cup
59 gm whole milk ¼ cup
80 gm Tang Zhong Starter
540 gr AP flour 4 ¼ cup ish
4 gm salt 1 tsp
13 gm milk powder 13 tsp
11gm yeast 4 tsp
 51 gm soft butter 2 1/2ish tbs
Throw it all in the bread maker. Select dough cycle.
Shape.
Let rise for 30 minutes.
Brush with butter.
Baked at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Tap the top to see if it sounds done. I don't know how I know, it just is. (Hallow sounding.) Which is shocking since it's baking and I'm not a great baker.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.