Thursday, October 21, 2010

Roasted Maple Butternut Squash

I love butternut squash. This is so simply and easy. Leftovers, which I never have enough of can be put in a pot of hot broth and pureed with an added splash of cream and chopped herbs for a quick Roasted Butternut Squash soup. Using a larger pan or baking sheet/jelly roll pan is best so the squash doesn't steam. I used what I grabbed first, so I didn't have a lot of caramelizing.
And the seeds are fantastic roasted. I roasted this at 375 degrees because I was making meatloaf also.

Roasted Maple Butternut Squash

2-3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Butternut Squash
Seasonings you can use-
salt and pepper ( I use Black, White and Spice)
fresh or dried herbs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a larger pan or baking sheet/jelly roll pan is best so the squash doesn't steam. I used what I grabbed first.  Peel the squash with a knife or vegetable peeler. Cut the squash up into uniform pieces.
Put the syrup and butter into a small bowl and heat it in the microwave, or put it in the oven while it's heating to melt the butter. If your bowl is oven safe.
Pour this over the squash and toss to coat.
Season with salt, pepper, and any herbs you like.
Roast for 30-40 minutes until fork tender. Turn once or twice during cooking.



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes and yes! I'm craving squash soup and pumpkin flan, planning to make my dreams come true this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flan!!!!!!!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHH eat some for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.