Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

This recipe is posted HERE. But here's what you should do. Make this batter. Add the spiced cream cheese mixture in the middle. Oh YES. You don't need the topping either.
 Cream cheese filling-
Beat until combined. Divide between each loaf of bread.
8 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Pumpkin Bread
Wet ingredients-
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups sugar (I didn't have 3 cups I had maybe 2 1/2)
2 teaspoons vanilla

Dry ingredients-
3 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
nutmeg- I don't know how much I used I just grated some in there
1 teaspoon or maybe 3/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Topping-
mix together
melted butter
sugar
cinnamon
when your bread is done poke holes in it with a skewer and drizzle this on top.

In a bowl combine dry ingredients. Set aside.  Beat wet ingredients. Fold in the dry ingredients. Divide half of the batter between two greased loaf pans. Top with equal amounts of cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. If the tops get too dark put a piece of foil on top. Just lay it on top don't bring it down tight over the pans, your not steaming the bread.  Eww. Test the bread with a skewer just not into the cream cheese filling.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm confused... the sugar is under wet ingredients. Is it not just granulated sugar? I want to make this, but don't want to add 3 cups of white sugar if it's not that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sugar is creamed with the other wet ingredients. it is regular cane sugar/granulated sugar.
    happy baking!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.