Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Soft Pretzels

I let my girls play with some of the dough for these soft pretzels. I think the last time I blogged these Diva was so little! I topped some of them with Vanilla Cinnamon Specialty Sugar. The other with Hiwa Kai Finishing Salt. SO GOOD. And the ones with Hiwa Kai were so pretty!
Pretzel sticks with Hiwa Kai.
Vanilla Cinnamon Sugar.
 Not so pretty pretzels.
Too light, but still good.
That's really odd, that picture is sideways. Go figure. I made the dough in my bread machine. I had gotten away from using it this past year and I love that thing!
Soft Pretzels adapted from HERE.

Place these ingredients in your bread machine.
Select Dough Cycle.
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F
/45 degrees C)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
3 tablespoons soft butter
1 1/8 teaspoons kosher salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
Mix these two together.
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45
degrees C)
2 tablespoons baking soda
 
Toppings
2 tablespoons butter, melted to dip hot pretzels in
 
Use these to sprinkle or roll pretzels in.
Hiwa Kai Black Salt or pretzel salt
Vanilla Cinnamon Specialty Sugar
Chopped candied almonds

 Once the dough is done remove it from the pan roll pieces of dough into long strips, shape into pretzels. Dip into the water mixture, place on a parchment lined cookie sheet or a stoneware baking pan. Let them rest  for 20 minutes.  Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from oven, dip in butter and pick a topping.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.