Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chicharrón


Pork. Fat. Rules.
That's all I have to say. Homemade still hot chicharrones with a sprinkling of kosher salt. SO good. Good dipped in a Louisiana hot sauce also. I have seen these done in a low oven over long periods of time. But my mom just threw the cut up pork belly in a big pot and let it cook in it's own fat renderings until crisp. So that's what I do.
Cut it up the pork belly and put it in a pot over medium high heat. Cook until the pork belly is crisp. Remove from pot and drain the fat. Place on a rack over a cookie sheet to drain, salt liberally while still hot.
*you can save the fat renderings, strain them and keep them in the fridge- LARD!

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on

 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.