Saturday, October 31, 2009

Spaghetti Casserole

The other night we had Tater tot Casserole, I have wanted to try it for so long. I am not sure why, I don't like potatoes much or casseroles or canned cream soups. But I've always wanted to try it. I didn't love it but we ate it. So I was very happy when this casserole turned out well and everyone loved it. It's a lot like spaghetti with cheese or lasagna. The thing is my girls don't like many red sauce lasagnas and Diva rarely likes a red sauce. So this was awesome. It's easy peasy and I made it with leftover spaghetti sauce that I froze and extra cooked spaghetti noodles I had in the freezer. This is not anything profound, I know people have this all the time but it was our first time and since I threw it together it may not be the "right" way to do it. Much like most of the things I make.

Spaghetti Casserole 

1 pound cooked spaghetti noodles
2 tablespoons butter
2 smashed garlic cloves
1 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 - 1 cup sour cream
3-4 cups of spaghetti sauce you can use a jar of your favorite too.
2 cups of your favorite shredded cheese, or whatever you have on hand
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the butter and garlic in a pot, add the noodles and toss. Stir in ricotta and sour cream. In a 9x13 dish (buttered) layer the pasta, cover with sauce. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with shredded cheese, turn oven up to 375 degrees and cook until cheese is melted and has a little color.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.