Monday, October 26, 2009

Parmesan Broiled Basa Fillets

DH and I really liked this dish! The older girls thought it was OK, they said they liked their fish in parchment better. Pixie girl, who's 15 months now :-0, thought it was de-lish also. So we will be having this again. Check out the optional almond meal topping also!


Parmesan Broiled Fish
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 fresh lemon juice- I used lime
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley 
black pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
cayenne pepper (optional)
celery salt
1 pound Basa fillets (or tilapia, etc)

Mix all the ingredients except the fish and almond meal. Turn on the broiler to high. My fillets were a bit on the thick side so I broiled them a little first until almost done, use your judgment. Slather the mixture on top and broil until golden and fish flakes easily.  (see note*)Serve with lime or lemon wedges, I topped ours with tomato slices. Flat leaf parsley on top is so good.

*Optional Topping
(optional for protein and crunch)
Mix together
1/3 cup almond meal

salt
pepper
cayenne
 If you want to use the optional topping sprinkle it on before your fish is done, just to let the almond meal brown and get crunchy.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.