Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tilapia In Parchment, Fish En Papillote

This again, is not really a recipe; it’s more of a method. But here is how I fixed the tilapia.
I made four packets, 2 fillets for DH, 1 ½ each for my friend and I and 1 for the girls to share. Both the girls loved the vegetables and fish, but this is one of those dishes everyone in our family likes.

Tilapia in Parchment/Fish En Papillote

6 tilapia fillets, or your favorite fish fillet
Half a zucchini sliced into strips
Half medium bell pepper sliced into strips
Broccoli florets
Sweet onion sliced into strips
Ginger (fresh) peeled and sliced into match sticks
Butter
Pink sea salt
Dill weed
Herb infused olive oil – optional (I used the same oil I made for the foccacia)
Lemon wedges and cilantro for garnish
4 pieces of parchment paper (not wax paper) big enough to fold into a card over the tilapia fillets and vegetables. Some people cut this into a heart for easy folding, I have a toddler and a three year old I can’t be bothered. I just make sure it’s big enough to fit all the ingredients into it.
It’s best to do this assembly style.

  1. Line up the four pieces of parchment; divide the tilapia onto each piece. 
  2. Season with sea salt and dill weed. I did not salt the girl’s fish; I don’t salt their food at all.
  3. Divide the vegetables and pile on top of each serving of fish. 
  4. Drizzle with a little herb infused olive oil and dot with butter.
  5. Take one serving and fold the parchment over like you would a greeting card so that the food rests on the inside of the parchment closest to the fold. 
  6. Start at one end of the paper and fold it, keep folding the parchment over onto itself to seal any steam and juices in. 
  7. When you reach the end you should have a half moon shaped packet, tuck the loose end under the packet to keep it from opening during baking. 
  8. Repeat with the other three packets.
  9. Bake at 425 until the packets are puffed like pillows about 13-20 minutes.
  10. Careful when opening the steam is HOT. I serve it in the parchment; I just make a slit on top to eat out of. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.














Vegetables prepped the morning of, and stored until I was ready to use them.















Assembly of packets...














Folding of the packets (sorry for the poor photo quality)





























Packets before baking...

















Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.