Sunday, September 13, 2009

Marinated Flank Steak

I got this recipe from a friend of mine. I actually didn't have a flank steak, so I used a skirt steak- yes, I know, not a good idea especially after reading through the recipe and seeing that it cooks in the oven for an hour. I hoped the acid in the vinegar would tenderize the skirt steak enough. It didn't. Even after I cut the steak across the grain in thin strips. Skirt steak is best medium rare for me. But the flavors were good, so I will be making this again with a flank steak and either cooking it longer OR to a medium rare.
I served it with mashed potatoes and creamed spinach.

Flank steak/London Broil
1/4 c olive oil
1/4 soy sauce- I used less
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1/2 c chopped onion- I sliced a whole one
3 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 Tbs ginger- I grated about an inch of fresh ginger



Place everything in a bag and marinate.






I marinated it for 24 hours.
Sear on a hot grill.
From here the recipe says to place the onions and flank steak in a baking dish at 250 degrees for an hour. I think a medium rare is fine and would be more tender. Unless you cook it longer in the low oven.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.