Monday, September 7, 2009

Herbed Potatoes, Herb Potatoes

Is "herbed" a word? I am unsure. Maybe it should just be "Herb Potatoes" that sounds right. Anyway.  Hassleback potatoes, really. We don't eat a lot of potatoes. Diva and I don't like them really, we'll eat them but not a lot of them. We eat fries when we're out sometimes, but even then I eat about 6 or 7 fries and I am done. But these potatoes are so good. Tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. The herbs make them flavorful.

GPAC Herb or Herbed? Potatoes
medium sized potatoes- If I am going to eat a potato I like reds or Yukon gold
Olive oil
Butter
Salt
Paprika
Pepper
Herbs- I like parsley and thyme


Wash the potatoes and place them in the bowl of a wooden spoon, OK mine isn't wood. Or between two chopsticks. Make slices in the potato as far down as possible without cutting through to the bottom. Well not too far they will fall apart, that's why the spoon or the chopsticks help stop the knife. I also took a tiny sliver off the bottom of the potatoes so they would stand up on their own. Wash and chop up the herbs.


Place the potatoes on a dish and cover it with wax paper, microwave them for about 15 minutes or until tender.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with some olive oil, between the slices!
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika or whatever seasonings you like on potatoes.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the skin is crisp.
Remove from the oven, drizzle with a little bit of melted butter and sprinkle the herbs on top and in between the slices of the potatoes.

Herb or Herbed? Potatoes
medium sized potatoes- If I am going to eat a potato I like reds or Yukon gold
Olive oil
Butter
Salt
Paprika
Pepper
Herbs- I like parsley and thyme

Wash the potatoes and place them in the bowl of a wooden spoon, OK mine isn't wood. Or between two chopsticks. Make slices in the potato as far down as possible without cutting through to the bottom. Well not too far they will fall apart, that's why the spoon or the chopsticks help stop the knife. I also took a tiny sliver off the bottom of the potatoes so they would stand up on their own. Wash and chop up the herbs.
Place the potatoes on a dish and cover it with wax paper, microwave them for about 15 minutes or until tender.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with some olive oil, between the slices!
Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika or whatever seasonings you like on potatoes.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until the skin is crisp.
Remove from the oven, drizzle with a little bit of melted butter and sprinkle the herbs on top and in between the slices of the potatoes.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.