Monday, August 10, 2009

Easy Peasy Creamy Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

This is a recipe I got from MIL. I misplaced the actual recipe so I make it from memory- meaning this may not be the actual recipe she gave me but it's good and now I make it this way. The vegetables are tossed in a little olive oil, salt and pepper with a spring of rosemary then roasted in the oven.

Creamy Chicken
1 package of dry Italian dressing mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup- I know, I know what a sin
4 oz cream cheese
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil
1 package of mushrooms sliced- I use button
1 shallot sliced thin
1 clove garlic minced
5-6 chicken breasts

Season the chicken with salt and pepper, go easy on the salt- there's plenty in the soup.Brown chicken breasts in some olive oil. Don't cook them through. Remove and place in a crock pot. In the same pan add a little more olive oil. Saute shallot and garlic, add mushrooms. Cook until soft. Add soup, dressing mix and cheese. Cook until warm and cheese is melted. Pour over the chicken and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Serve chicken and sauce over rice with roasted vegetables.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.