Monday, August 31, 2009

Bacon CRACK-ers

Not sure what you call this goodness. The girls called them Bacon cookies, they are sweet. Whatever they are called they are good, not healthy, but good. The cracker soaks up some grease and is caramelized with a brown sugar crust that reminds me of creme brulee. The bacon, well what's not to love about pork fat? They are very easy to make.


Bacon CRACK-ers

Crackers- Saltines is what I used, but a buttery cracker would be good too
Bacon strips- cut in half
Brown sugar
Jalapeno sliced into strips (optional)


  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
  2. Place a cooling rack inside a rimmed cookie sheet/jelly roll pan.
  3. Take a strip of bacon and wrap it around the cracker, and jalapeno sliver of using. 
  4. Dredge the cracker and bacon in brown sugar. 
  5. Place them seam side down on the rack. 
  6. Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the bacon is crisp.
  7. Let them cool before eating them, or the sugar will burn you- not that I know anything about that.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on


 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.