Thursday, June 18, 2009

Spinach and Rice for Baby

This is a simple Spinach and Rice soup. You can use vegetable or meat stock. Make sure it's salt free. If you have cubes on hand it will make this dish even easier to make for baby. Link to freezing stock and making salt free baby stock. For younger babies you can process or puree it.



Some vegetable, chicken or beef stock
Rice- brown or white
Spinach- fresh, washed and cut into small pieces
(There is pork in this soup but you can use chicken, beef, we like it with tofu whatever you'd like)
Pinch of white pepper

Bring the stock to a boil with pork or other protein, if you are using tofu add it later since it only needs to be heated through. Add a little bit of brown or white rice. Cook until tender. Add Spinach (and tofu at this point) and cook until tender. Season with white pepper.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving watching Pixie grow via her food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol it's funny, we're fans of food I haven't made a bento in a LONG time since we're not home... so sad I will soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.