Monday, April 20, 2009

Peach Puree

Peach Puree for Pixie.
You can use frozen peaches, make sure they are just peaches with no sugar added. Or you can use fresh ripe peaches

To skin fresh peaches put a pot of water on the stove and let it come up to a boil. Score the top of a peach with an "X". Not a deep cut just through the skin. Dip it in the boiling water for about 30 seconds, remove with a slotted spoon and place in an ice bath. Use a paring knife to peel the skin off.

For the puree cut the peaches into slices, remove the pit. Steam until tender. Puree to desired consistency. If using frozen peaches don't bother thawing them just place them in the steamer frozen.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.