Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bundled Lemon Herb Chicken

This recipe was adapted from The Pampered Chef's Lemon Herb Chicken Ring. I originally got the recipe from a friend of mine. It's a nice and easy fast meal. Perfect for using leftover chicken. I don't always make it into a ring, it's pretty that way but it's also faster not to.


2 cup chopped cooked chicken- Rotisserie, leftover BBQ whatever you have
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
3 tablespoons chopped parsley divided - Flat leaf
zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 crushed and minced garlic cloves
1/2- 3/4 cups of real mayo
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian Seasoning mix, or dry Italian Dressing mix
2 8oz packages of refrigerated crescent rolls OR Puff Pastry

garnish-
lemon slices
Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375. If you aren't using a baking stone line a baking sheet with parchment paper.


Mix the first 10 ingredients in well. Slice the remaining zested lemon into thin slices and set aside for garnish. Set aside a little parsley for garnish.
Open the crescent rolls. Place on the baking sheet. Unroll the tubes and press gently to seal where the scoring is. (Keep each tube or dough in a whole sheet)



Divide chicken mixture between the two sheets of dough. Put the mixture in the middle so there is enough dough to crimp and seal on top. Seal the edges also.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
Garnish with Parsley and Lemon slices. I didn't have Parsley on hand.













Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.