Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pancakes


Saturday morning breakfasts are always fun. It's such a nice change from cold or hot cereal or the quick scrambled egg. Last Saturday I made chocolate chip pancakes and some blueberry pancakes. I made extra to freeze for quick breakfasts and lunches.
Pretty straight forward recipe

DRY-
1 cup flour (you can sub part whole wheat)
2 tablespoons cornmeal
1 tablespoon sugar- I don't bother with the sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (a whole teaspoon for the chocolate chip pancakes)

WET-
1 beaten egg
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter melted

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or 1 cup chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients and mix well. Combine the wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients stir to incorporate batter will be a little lumpy. Don't over mix. Fold in either the blueberries or chocolate chips.
Cook each pancake on a lightly greased griddle or in a pan. use a scant 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook over medium heat, once the edges get a little dry and there are bubbles on the surface flip the pancakes and cook the other side.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.