Monday, August 11, 2008

Cream Cheese Pillow Puffs with Berries

These are so very very good, I used the Cherry Turnover recipe and just added some things to it. So easy peasy, what a versatile method! I used both cherries and blueberries. I also thought a cream cheese filling would be good. There is a restaurant here in town that makes Cream Cheese Pillow Puffs, no fruit just puffs like these with cream cheese and dare I say it? I liked these better! As far as the cream cheese filling goes I just winged it.
8 oz softened cream cheese
a little almond extract
2-3 tablespoons sugar
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1 egg

Mix it all up until smooth. Follow the turnover recipe until you get to the filling part. Put the cream cheese on the bottom and fruit on top of it. Then proceed with the rest of the assembly and baking. Easy peasy!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.