Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Whole grain pancakes with pear topping


Yummy, Yummy, Yumm........ ok that's about all I really have to say. We love these pancakes, they are filling but it's not that starchy filling you get from plain bleached flour pancakes- although I like those too. It's a hearty full feeling.


Whole Grain Pancakes 


1 1/2 cups rolled oats (rolled not steel cut)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
grated nutmeg
ground cinnamon
chopped walnuts

Pears-
2 pears
cinnamon- ground
vanilla extract
apple juice
butter



I blend half of the oats but that's optional if you want to just throw them in the food processor and pulse.








Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl, except the nuts. Stir it up.










I didn't have buttermilk so I substituted milk with lemon juice. Just let it sit for a bit before you use it.










Add buttermilk and milk to the bowl.








Add the spices, you can add these with the dry ingredients. Stir it up.
I made some pancakes without nuts for Diva...








After her pancakes were made I added nuts to the batter for the rest of the pancakes.











Because of the oats and whole wheat flour they will be darker.









Now the pears. These are easy to make while you're cooking pancakes.
Peel the pears...







Slice them up ...










Melt some butter in a pan.












Add the pears and cinnamon- we use a lot of cinnamon around here.









Let them cook, then add the vanilla and some apple juice if you want it to be a little more saucy.

















Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.