Thursday, May 22, 2008

Garlic Knot Rolls


These are so easy and great to have in your freezer to pull out and bake what you need. I just use my standby whole wheat pizza dough, and I realize I don't have that posted but, it's pizza dough. Use what recipe you like. Or hound me to post the one I use, whatever floats your boat.

Garlic Knot Rolls
1 recipe pizza dough- link to regular pizza roll

butter
olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
coarse salt and pepper

On a lightly floured surface roll out the pizza dough.









Mine was too thin so I folded it up and rolled it out just a little bit more... I can't tell you what size sorry it was about... 15x10 inches.








With a pizza cutter cut it into strips.










Make little knots and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.


You can bake these right away also.





Place in the freezer for one hour then transfer to a zip top plastic bag.










To bake preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place rolls on a baking sheet and brush with a little oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes... until golden brown, a little longer for frozen, just watch them. Don't you hate my recipes?





While the rolls are in the oven in a small pan melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil and add minced garlic. Let it start to foam but NOT fry the garlic, you don't even want the garlic to get color. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.






After the rolls are done put them in a big bowl.









Pour the buttery goodness over them. Toss them around. Get them coated. Salt and pepper the rolls.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.