Monday, April 21, 2008

Broccoli cheese quiche

Updated picture 09/2015


I love quiche, so simple and good. Not only that you can add whatever you want. I don't make pie crusts. I did once, and I won't again unless it's something I really want a homemade crust for. I am just not good at it so I use premade. I had all these ingredients on hand so I used them.

Updated picture 09/2015

Whoa... look at these horrible pictures!


Give Peas a Chance Quiche 

1 pie crust
4 eggs
1 cup milk
fillings of your choice- about 1 1/2- 2 cups total (I used steamed broccoli and green chili)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
ground mustard
salt
pepper
dash of hot sauce

Other fillings we like in our quiches-
-spinach- cooked and excess water squeezed out
-mushroom- sauteed and excess moisture drained onto a paper towel
-onion- sauteed
- ham- cubed
- crumbled sausage- cooked
- chorizo- cooked
- different cheeses
- bacon
- most veggies


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the pie crust onto the pie plate.










Fold down the excess sides.








Crimp the crust.










Layer in fillings, notice the lack of broccoli? As I was making this Piglet kept eating all the broccoli.









I put green chili on my side. As Diva puts it "I'm just not a fan of it mama"






Layer the cheese on top.









Beat eggs, milk, and spices in a bowl or measuring cup.










Pour into the pie plate.









Ta-da! Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. I did place a pie shield on the crust half way through.






All done.







Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. Diva and Piglet are very lucky to have a mom that makes so many great things!
    (I have a secret pie crust recipe if you want it--- extremely simple and very flakey. If I can make it, I PROMISE you could.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks Sarah but I really bite at pie crust.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.