Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baked pork chops


I haven't made breaded pork chops in a while, I think because I remember them not turning out so well, that and I don't to fry anything, even pan fry. But I thought maybe it would be OK if I baked them. My meat thermometer died on me, I am annoyed about that, I don't like cutting into meat to see if it's done and I am not savvy enough to know by looking at it. Surprisingly these came out moist and not overdone, which with pork I would rather serve to my girls overdone than under. I wasn't sure how this would turn out, but we liked them and I will write this down to make gain someday.
I didn't measure, but here is what I used.

Pork chops (I prefer bone in, you can use a boneless center cut, it will save you on cooking time)
Panko bread crumbs (or whatever bread crumbs you have on hand)
Garlic salt
Paprika
Black pepper
Poultry seasoning (I used whatever sounded good at the time, use what you want for all these seasonings)
Milk
Shredded Parmesan cheese (I used it out of the shaker bottle- gasp!)
Olive oil



Combine your spices and milk in a large dish. I didn't use enough milk to cover the pork chops, I opted to just keep turning them to coat.







Add your chops, let this sit for at least 30 minutes and prepare your breading.







In a shallow dish pour your breadcrumbs in, add some more spices that you might like, I used the same ones as I did in the milk. Sprinkle with cheese. Stir it to combine.




Preheat your oven to 375. I also added some corn cobs and one lone potato I had hanging around. I figured the ovens on why not.









Coat each pork chops in the breadcrumb mixture.







Press the breading into the pork chops.








Place them on a baking sheet lined with foil and topped with a little rack. Drizzle with olive oil.







Bake for 20 minutes on 375. then turn the oven to 400 for 15 minutes to brown. (For the last 15 minutes I roasted the asparagus in the oven at the same time, worked very well.)
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you should try packaged dry onion soup mix as an addition to breading of pork chops. My husband is a pork chop skeptic, but LOVES the flavor of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so awesome, Sis! I wish we lived closer together so that we could do all of these recipes together because I know we LOVE to eat and COOK! I think I'll start doing some recipes if I can.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.