Thursday, February 14, 2008

Beef Jerky



Isn't this beef jerky picture so nicely set up and displayed to make you think, "I really want some of that?" Sorry but the fact that it took a good 25 hours for the jerky to dehydrate and that my sense of smells is heightened there was no way I was keeping it out longer than needed. This batch of jerky was vacuum sealed and sent off to DH. It was very tasty though, the girls even liked it even though it was very much Thai hot.




No measurements.
Have the butcher slice and trim up some meat for you, "jerky thin" ask him, or her.
Put it in a big bowl. Add some spices.
I used
Garlic powder
Lawry's seasoned salt
Onion Powder
Oyster flavored sauce
Worcestershire sauce





Soy Sauce
Fresh ground black pepper
Fresh ground coriander seeds
Fresh Ground dried Thai bird chilies
Mix it all up and make sure it's well coated, let it sit for about 10 minutes. Warm up the dehydrator. I don't know if you have to do that, just sounded like it was a good thing to do.





We have an old Ronco food dehydrator, it's never failed us. You remember him the "fix it, and forget it!" guy. Anyway follow the directions for your dehydrator, this took a good 24 hours but then again I live in a humid climate.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. LMBO!!! I can't believe I'm not the only one who still has a Ronco food dehydrator HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I convinced my grandma to buy it from a 1 am infomercial when I was about 8 or 9 LMBO! We used it together like twice...and it got put back in its box and forgotten about until right before she passed away in 06. Needless to say, that was one thing I insisted that *I* got to keep, for memories sake :)

    thanks for the memory :) I'm going to have to dig it out and make beef jerkey now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! what a cool memory and rather .. different keepsake!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.