Monday, February 4, 2008

Ahhhhh.... Comfort in a bowl...

You know, I love matzo ball soup. It really is comfort food for me. The rich broth, the tender matzo balls.... This is a thrown together quick version because I had a craving at 8 at night after I put the girls to bed, hardly anytime to make a proper stock.





* Please see most recent post on Matzo Ball Soup for the best Matzo Balls EVER (Post on May 23, 2016).Updated Matzo Ball recipe!!


I made the matzo balls according to the directions on the Matzo meal box- I did add a 1/2 teaspoon of Better than Bouillon to this, beat it into the egg.

Quick Matzo Ball Soup

2 tablespoons oil, or chicken fat rendered
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup Manischewitz® Matzo Meal
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons soup stock or water
Optional- chopped parsley

Mix until just combined, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes. Bring water or stock to a boil in a pot with a tight fitting lid. Form the mixture into balls- I have made little ones and bigger ones. I put olive oil on my hands so it doesn't stick. Drop the balls into boiling stock/water. I make sure that the lid fits tight on the pot after I drop the matzo balls in. Then turn the heat down so it's not at a rolling boil. Cook for 25 minutes. I like them tender throughout. At 15 minutes you can eat them, but they absorb more broth flavor if you leave them in longer and they are less.. chewy in the middle. Serve with a good stock, vegetables and chicken.

For eating I made a "broth" with some Swanson's broth, cut up carrots and leftover shredded chicken. After feeling so sick I downed two bowls last night... YUM.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.