Thursday, December 6, 2007

No Knead Dinner Rolls

Easy No-Knead dinner rolls.

I got this recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday food magazine (December 2007). I am not that impressed with them. They make excellent croĆ»tons, but as far as texture goes, I much prefer kneaded rolls. I made two batches. The first batch I baked at 400 degrees like it said in the magazine, way too HIGH! They browned so fast even with foil on too. I baked the second batch at 375 and halfway through I placed foil on top. That also was high,  350 degrees will be much better.

No Knead Dinner Roll dough.
The dough for this recipe looks a little more wet than other dough I've worked with, and you don't knead it so it's not a big deal. Once it rises it will be okay.


This is after the first rise, the dough rises beautifully.

Shape dinner rolls and place them in a baking dish to rise.

No-knead dinner rolls

Makes 18
2 cups warm water
2 packages of active dry yeast (2 1/2 teaspoons each)
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted plus more for the pans and brushing the tops of the rolls
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
6 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping dough



  1. Pour warm water into a large bowl, sprinkle with yeast and let sit until foamy, about 5 minutes. 
  2. Add sugar, butter, eggs and salt; whisk to combine. 
  3. Add flour, mix until incorporated and a sticky dough forms.
  4. Brush top of dough with butter and cover bowl. 
  5. Let the dough rise until doubled, about an hour.
  6. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. 
  7. With floured hands roll dough into a thick log and cut into 18 pieces, to form rolls.
  8. Brush 9/13 pan with butter. 
  9. One at a time flatten each piece of dough, then fold edges toward the center until a smooth ball forms. Press to secure. 
  10. Place into baking pan.
  11. Cover and let rise 30-40 minutes. You can also refrigerate for up to a day at this point.
  12. Brush tops with butter. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil if tops are too brown.

I've also formed this dough into little balls and put them into a regular sized muffin tin as shown. Let rise, then bake as directed.




Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.