Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Peasreads: Goodnight Night Sweats A Parody for the Menopausal (and their Perimenopausal Friends)


 What a hilarious parody this is! For those of you who have been following Give Peas a Chance since my first lunch post in 2007 . For my oldest child who is now a full-on (young) adult by the way, yikes! Some of you were young mothers like I was and I loved learning from you all. Sharing lunches, recipes, and crafts, mostly on my Facebook page. We used to pack lunches in the morning and tuck our kids in at night and recite (because by the fifth time it was requested I know you memorized it) Goodnight Moon before kissing those babies. Now here we are. If you're anything like me your body is a vile betrayer and doing all sorts of wrong things, at the wrong times, for no reason at all. Well, to you all I raise a glass in solidarity and present to you:

Goodnight Night Sweats
A Parody for the Menopausal (and their Perimenopausal Friends)
by Haut Flasch and Mina Pauze (Brenda Bowen and Jessie Hartland)

I laughed. I groaned. I may have had a hot flash in between. Who among us was fully prepared for this stage in our lives? Not I! I heard of night sweats... did you know that they also come DURING THE DAY!? Why am I constantly sweating? Who turned the heat on in here!? Are you SURE I'm not premenopausal, doc? Surely there is SOMETHING you can do for me? I hope you ladies have a tribe that you can grumble to about all the trials of menopause AND celebrate all the freedoms that come with it together!

Grab a copy of this for all of your girlfriends and let's celebrate our hard-won battle scars (after this hot flash passes!), toss our silver manes of wisdom, and walk proudly into this new season of life together.

I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

Description

A laugh-out-loud parody of Goodnight Moon for any woman approaching (or deep in the throes of) menopause, written and illustrated under pseudonyms by publishing veteran Brenda Bowen and award-winning artist Jessie Hartland. Riffing on the classic children’s book Goodnight Moon, Goodnight Night Sweats takes on “the change” with big heart and humor. Through playful prose and witty illustrations, Haut Flasch and Mina Pauze explore the trials of menopause (and perimenopause)—hot flashes, mood swings, too much hair some places, too little others. At the same time, they cheer for the freedom that comes with getting older—goodbye, cramps! hello hard-won wisdom!—as they celebrate the fabulousness of women of a certain age.

Available Editions
EDITION Hardcover
ISBN 9781638930914
PRICE $17.00 (USD)
PAGES 32
 Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.

I received this book from NetGalley and Zando Publishing for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are on my own. I am disclosing this per the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.