Friday, March 1, 2024

Peasreads: Strike The Zither by Joan He


From the publisher:

Book 1 in the Kingdom of Three duology, a reimagining of the Chinese classic

三国演义 helmed by a lady Zhuge Liang 
he year is 414 of the Xin Dynasty, and chaos abounds. A puppet empress is on the throne, and three warlordesses each hope to claim the continent for themselves.

Only Zephyr knows it’s no contest.

Orphaned at a young age, Zephyr took control of her fate by becoming the best strategist of the land and serving under Xin Ren, a warlordess whose loyalty to the empress is double-edged—while Ren’s honor draws Zephyr to her cause, it also jeopardizes their survival in a war where one must betray or be betrayed. When Zephyr is forced to infiltrate an enemy camp to keep Ren’s followers from being slaughtered, she encounters the enigmatic Crow, an opposing strategist who is finally her match. But there are more enemies than one—and not all of them are human.

My review

To say I devoured this series in a few days is not an exaggeration. Strike the Zither is a classic Chinese tragedy with so many twists and turns. I haven't read the original Three Kingdoms. I still loved the mystery, mind games, strategy, and how each character handles war and loss. This is a great book for those who like Asian retellings, strategy, war, rivals to lovers to enemies fans.


#NetGalley 

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.

Amazon reviews Katereviews.

I received this book from NetGalley for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are on my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.