Friday, March 6, 2020

Crunchy Pork Belly

I find this method the easiest way to get crunchy pork belly. You can season the pork however you like. I've done Five spice,  char sui style. I only season the underside before putting the pork under the broiler. The skin doesn't need seasoning and it'll burn off under the broiler in the oven anyway.
You don't have to add spices or herbs to the water when making this but I like the flavor it gives the pork. 



Crunchy Pork Belly

Pork belly, skin on
1 cup water
Salt
3 pieces of lemongrass ( 3 inches each)
3-4 cloves of garlic
6-8 Kaffir leaves

  1. Put the water, lemongrass,  garlic, Kaffir leaves into the Instant Pot/ pressure cooker. 
  2. Lightly salt the pork and place it on a trivet in the pressure cooker.
  3. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Release pressure.
  4. Pat the pork dry with paper towels. 
  5. Pierce the skin of the pork all over with a fork.
  6. Wrap the bottom of the pork with foil. Leaving the skin exposed.
  7. Place the pork in a 500F degree convection oven on broil with the fan ON until crispy and browned. About 15 to 20 minutes.

Variations:
- Wrap the pork in banana leaves while it cooks in the pressure cooker, discard the banana leaves before broiling.
- Add star anise, black peppercorn, cinnamon stick, allspice berries to the water. Season the pork with Five spice powder.

Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees)



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.