Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Peasread: The Invisible Library


Reviewed by Esmeralda (age 13)

The Invisible Library 
Genevieve Cogman
329 pages
Published January 15th 2015 by Tor UK
ISBN 1447256239 (ISBN13: 9781447256236)

 When I first saw this book, I was kind of skeptical. The summery sounded interesting, but not really my type, which is more fantastical or mythological. That being said, I put off reading the book forever. Once I started, I finished the book in less than half a day.

This novel is about a woman named Irene who works at the Invisible Library. At this library they collect important and rare books from different worlds. These are all variations of earth some have magic, others are more technologically advanced. Irene and her assistant Kai are sent to collect a book from a chaos infected world. The rules of reality are skewed in some of these worlds. They find that not only had the book been stolen, there were many powerful groups and people who were also after the book.


 The writing was great, and while I personally like first person stories the most, Genevieve Cogman wove a beautiful novel, and I loved every word of it. The plot has lots of twists and turns, definitely some surprises, and intriguing layers. The concept of all the worlds and the library were well explained, and spread out enough that things were easy to remember. (whereas in some novels, the stream of information may be a little fast). I especially liked the futuristic tech and magic mixture, along with special rules and cool new inventions. The overall idea was very original, and the characters were very developed, giving depth to some actions that otherwise wouldn't have mattered as much. (Like Kai's view on family relations and his reaction to the detective).
My 11 year old sibling said that the vocabulary level was a little to hard, but I had no trouble. Overall, I don't think people cursed more than five times, and sexual intercourse was hinted at, but never happened or was specifically mentioned. This is a great fantasy and mystery novel good for teens and adults. Younger kids could read it, but it's up to the parents in the end.     

I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery, magic, sci-fi, and books (obviously)
I would definitely read it again, and cannot wait to read the sequel.       

Would I read it again? Yes
Would I recommend it?
Would I recommend this book to adults? Yes.
Teens? Yes. 

There are curse words and mention of sex.

FIVE STARS *Yay*
1 star – didn’t like it
2 stars – it was OK
3 stars – liked it
 4 stars – really liked it
 5 stars- it was amazing

Find more book reviews here under Peasreads.
Amazon reviews Katereviews.


**   I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. I was under no obligation to give a positive review. All opinions are on my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +





Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.