Sunday, March 31, 2013

He is Risen Indeed

Free Printable Source

Diva drew this in her bible study book. How fitting that this week she learned about Jehovah-jireh. The Provider. The picture she drew is of Abraham and Issac. Issac is saying "oh dear, we don't have a lamb." Abraham replies, "hey look!" And the ram is there, stick in the blob bush, on the lower left. Man I love this kid.
It's kind of funny, but being that it's Passover week, Good Friday, and Easter. It is so fitting. It opened the door to again talk about our need for a Savior. That no matter what we bring to the alter, it's not enough for a holy God. But He provided a Lamb. A perfect Lamb without blemish.

Abraham answered, “God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” And the two of them went on together. Gen 22:8

And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19

Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. 1 Corinthians 5:7

The next day John (the baptist) saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.