Saturday, March 24, 2012

Baked, not boiled, eggs

Gotta love Pinterest! I saw this on there.  But it's originally from an Alton Brown book is what I'm gathering. Instead of boiling eggs in water, you can bake them. Especially if you have a ton of them to cook.
I put a cookie sheet under the rack in my oven. Put the eggs on a oven rack that is in the middle of your oven. Bake the in a 325 degree oven for 30 minutes- hard boiled. Once done, run them under cold water or put the in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. The brown spots on the outside that you see in the picture come right off in the water. I did notice some brown spots on my peeled eggs. All in all, this was great for large batches of eggs. They peeled nice and I did not have fresh eggs.

More GPAC on ChowStalker.
 Find me on ChowStalker.
 Click here for more Whole30 posts.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This is so neat!! Hmmmmm I bake bacon in the oven too only at a hotter tempature. We could make our whole breakfast in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? LOL I make bacon in the oven too

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.