Thursday, September 18, 2008

Will I ever get caught up??? 2008 Bento

I doubt it... but here are some of the kid's latest bentos/lunches and a couple of new recipes I have tweaked...



I love this box, I think it's one of my favorites. It's a stainless steel two-tiered box. Just too cute...
What's in it? A turkey sandwich on a Hawaiian sweet roll, cheese cubes, blue corn tortilla chips, and grapes. She ate everything I packed!



Tortillas and hot dogs, cubed mozzarella, and fruit skewers... if it's on a skewer they will eat it...


Hard-boiled eggs, glazed dill carrots, heart-shaped Rice Krispies treats, and pretzels in their lunches. The carrots were a hit, they usually prefer their carrots raw.


I made some beef and cheese chimichangas with sour cream to dip, and sliced apples.



Fried chicken: I wrapped the drumstick in foil on the bottom so their hands wouldn't get dirty; I am sure they got greasy hands anyway. Frozen broccoli is a lifesaver around here; it thaws by the time they are ready for lunch, and their teachers heat up the little silicone cups for them.


More broccoli... some grapes and hot dog.



Chicken and rice with carrots
Cereal
Chocolate cupcake



These are turkey and sausage meatballs stuffed with fresh mozzarella. YUM and easy too... I baked them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes...

Ginger glazed teriyaki chicken wings. Place chicken and molasses, fresh grated ginger, garlic, and other seasonings in a ziptop bag and freeze. On the day of cooking I thaw in the fridge, then bake in the oven.





Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously I am in awe of your cooking skills. (though you did make me feel a bit inadequate regarding my sons lunches) Great work! And I'd love to see more (along with where you get your supplies). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.