Sunday, January 1, 2017

One Minute Quinoa (Pressure Cooker)


Looking to make Quinoa in your pressure cooker? This method has worked so well for me, I won't make it any other way now. I used to make my Quinoa in the rice cooker which also came out perfect, but my rice cooker has a non stick coating on the insert so I am not using it as much.
This method is simple and easy. As long as you keep the water to liquid ratio you can change out the liquid to suit your needs. Stock, water, broth, juice, tea. This does require soaking the Quinoa, but it's for only 5-10 minutes. I put the Quinoa in water then gather remaining ingredients. There's really no wait. Season it up and serve it how you like! Try my Southwest Quinoa Pilaf, or serve it with these Easy Peasy Curry Chickpeas, I'll be adapting this to Instant Pot cooking also, but believe me it's so easy.



One Minute Quinoa

Water, stock, or broth
(Ratio is 1:1.5 Quinoa:Liquid)

If adding aromatics:
Oil, bacon grease, or butter
Garlic, red pepper flakes, herbs, diced onion, shallots, etc
  1. Soak the quinoa for 5-10 minutes, rinse and drain well. I use a mesh colander. 
  2. Saute the oil with any aromatics you like, using the saute function on medium high. 
  3. Add quinoa.
  4. Add water or stock, I like to add hot liquid. Cold liquid can be used, it just takes longer to come to pressure. (Ratio for quinoa:liquid is 1:1.5)
  5. Place lid on Instant Pot per manufacturer instructions.
  6. Press manual, high pressure, ONE minute.
  7. Once the cycle is complete, press cancel and set a timer for 10-15 minutes.
  8. After timer goes off, release pressure, remove lid and fluff quinoa with a fork.
*If not using aromatics you can skip step #2, you can also just saute the quinoa in a little oil or butter.

That's it! It is so quick and easy. The quinoa comes out fluffy and tender. Quinoa freezes well also. Place it into a bag and freeze it flat so. So easy and quick to heat up in the IP also.
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.