Sunday, July 5, 2015

Hagar- Day 5

This month I'll be trying to share last month's notes from the She Reads Truth blog- Women in the OT. Mostly just a cut and paste from Instagram. I may not share all the days. But some.
If you read through the study or are just starting to, leave me a comment and let me know how it's going. I can pray for you also.



Hagar


Day 5My #shereadstruth friends. What did you think?I can think of so many things I would be if I was in Hagar's shoes. Angry, bitter, resentful, disobedient... She was treated unfairly by Sarai, as cattle...a slave. But because the Lord was there all along, he was there when Hagar fled, with comfort and a promise. So beautiful. But when the Lord required her submission and obedience I was like "cuz of wha!?" ... Perhaps a slave wandering on her own with no means to feed herself, no protection would not be a good idea. There are many things in this world that I don't understand. But I do know that the presence of God, his blessings, his wisdom, his love, they are perfect. Maybe that's all I need to focus on. I loved Gen 16:13-14 today "Well of the One Who Lives and SEES me" I take comfort in that, I hope you all do too. Part of my notes today:Because the Lord:Seeks and finds us (Gen 16:7)Counsels us (Gen16:9)Comforts us (Gen 16:12)Sees us ( Gen 16:14)Keeps His promises ( Gen 21:12, 21:13)Is near and hears us (Gen 21:17)Provides (Gen 21:18-21)Meets us where we are (Gen 21:17)
He is close to the broken hearted...
What are you taking away today?#bible #scripture #washedbytheword #prayer #peasblog #womenintheword#biblejournaling #comfort #truth
Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.