Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remember. Reflect. Respond.

September 11 approaches. Keep those who mourn and hurt in your prayers always, but especially during this time. Bear one another's burdens. I had to replace my Mercy BAND (bear another's name daily), lost it in a military move, but I replaced it with the same name as I got right after 9/11 happened, the same name I wore on my wrist on my wedding day, and so many days in between  I don't know AG2 Matthew Michael Flocco, or his family. But they are prayed for, praying for peace, comfort, and love to surround them. September 6, 2013 Instagram

I think there are ... 5 posts now with this same title. All on or around September 11. I don't have anything profound to say. I never do. We seem to be on the brink of another war. Tensions are high. People are... bickering, debating, confused, angry, disappointed, fired up, scared. I choose love. That's not some higher ground, I'm so enlightened, or anything. I'm just saying that I can't control anything around me. But I can control me. If I choose to focus on what I could/should be feeling/freaking out about, I will be of no service to anyone.
 However, I can choose to-
Remember the past- Pray for those mourning. Those still mourning.
Reflect on the HOPE that is Christ.
 Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Respond- In love, always in Christ's love. To the needs around me- Pray for this world, for the people, the leaders, for healing, for salvation. I'm praying I can be mindfully led to love those around me. I may not be able to control events around me, but I ask that Jesus will guide me and my actions/reactions. I pray for faithfulness for all the time's I'll falter, feel hopeless, be fearful, confused, and bitter at the world around me.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.