Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tilapia With Cilantro Ginger Sauce

This may be the best way to have Tilapia fillets. Granted I'm not  fish expert. I assess things by how my family eats and Pixie will eat 2/3 of a fillet - which is three servings for her. She isn't a big eater, so this is pretty much crazy, have to stop her stuff. Piglet and Diva have seconds usually also. Certainly a go to dish for me to make, it doesn't take long either.
I put together this Cilantro Ginger Sauce because every time we go to a certain Chinese restaurant (China Express, you can read the review through that link) in Chinatown here we puffy heart the ginger sauce. So I decided to make something like it. It's not the same because theirs has no lime and it's got a lot of vegetable oil in it. It's so good though. We stir it into stir fry, dip dumplings into it, stir it in to bowls of hand stretched noodles. YUM.

Like I said, my Give Peas A Chance version has lime. It's wonderful on top of noodles, even some chilled soba noodles, on fish, toss some canned salmon in it, eat it off of the spoon. 

PS- I have this scheduled on the weekend we're going camping. I have no idea what would possess me to go camping. But I'm there. Pray for me. See you on Monday.

Give Peas A Chance Tilapia With Cilantro Ginger Sauce

5-6 Tilapia fillets
3/4 cups mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Kosher salt
Pepper

Cilantro Ginger Sauce
Zest of one lime
Juice from 1/2 to 1 lime
2 inch piece ginger- grated
1 clove garlic- grated
1/3 cup cilantro leaves
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
Kosher salt- to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Place Tilapia fillets on a baking sheet in a single layer. Not a flat one.
Mix the mayonnaise, cilantro, kosher salt, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Spoon the mixture over the Tilapia.
Bake until the fish flakes easily. About 15-20 minutes.

For the sauce-
Place ingredients for sauce in a blender. Blend until combined. Season to taste. Add olive oil as needed to get the blender going.
Serve over fish... or just about anything. Soba noodles...
*If you'd like a little bit of sugar to cut the acidity in the sauce would be ok, but we don't ever need it.


Thanks for reading Give Peas A Chance!
Find me on
 FacebookTwitter (@peasblog), Instagram (@peasknees), Google +
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMM will be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilapia is one of my favorite fish and with ginger sauce would make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tilapia is one of my favorite fish... and with ginger sauce, I would like it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm sounds good. I just never know what kind of sides to fix. I have a large family so we always have 2 sides with our main dish. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      Here are some sides we love
      Spaghetti Squash
      Cucumber Tomato Salad
      Tomato Slices
      Roasted brussel sprouts or broccoli
      Quinoa
      here are some links for you http://pleasegivepeasachance.blogspot.com/search/label/side%20dish
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, this looks so yum. I love ginger and I love how you've presented it too. Hope your camping was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was fun but I don't want to do it again, even though I probably will.

      Delete
  6. Hi Katherine. I really need to start including more fish in my diet. So much nutrion I am missing! Cilantro, ginger, and lime sound so refreshing. Do you usually buy your tilapia fresh or frozen? Do you think it matters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it matters, I like to buy it frozen unless it's whole and looks fresh because grocery stores get it frozen then thaw it to put in the case

      Delete
  7. Ooooh, I have only recently started enjoying cilantro, and this looks like a great way to cook with it. I'm pinning. Thanks for linking it up at the Pinworthy Project Party at Planned in Pencil!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.