Thursday, August 22, 2013

Last

Lamentations 3:21-24
Yet this I call to mind
    and therefore I have hope:
 Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail. 
 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness. 
 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

Last.

Last
hours, minutes, seconds of the day.
Last one down.
Last one to sit down,
Last one to finish eating.
Last thoughts of the day.
Last prayers.
Slight whimper coming from Pixie.
She's sick, fever.
Nausea.
She'll stumble on out here for the last snuggles of the day.
I guess it's morning.
0005
First.
First snuggles of the day.
Reminding me how- sweet life is.
First-
hours, minutes, seconds.
New.
Mercies, renewed.
Day.
Blessings.
Beginings.
Faithful, just like the sun coming up.
God brings a new day.
Full of promise.
One day closer to eternity.
STOP.

Sorry, got distracted by a little Pixie.

Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how to play along:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my blog footer}.
3. Go and comment on the post of the person who linked up before you. This is the one rule of this community.
- See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2013/08/five-minute-friday-lonely/#sthash.JLvjWS85.dpuf

Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Don't apologize; Pixie sounds like a beautiful distraction!

    http://raisingamommy.blogspot.com/2013/08/fmf-last.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...it made me smile. Blessings and happy Friday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progression of time. I love this. Last always turns to first right? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This right here is wonderful! I appreciate the sentiment behind it, and I really like the way you laid it out. I'll be sharing this one! Visiting from FMF. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do a great job... you really should get published. I write like such a hick that I could never pull this off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! And love that you let your Pixie distract you. Hope she is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh I love this and the contrast between before and after with your last and first ;) thanks for sharing this (hope Pixie is doing better)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.