Friday, June 14, 2013

Listen- #FiveMinuteFriday #FMFParty

 

Listen

So many discombobulated, fragments of thoughts come into my head this morning about the word listen.
My kids don't always listen. Why don't my kids listen?
To myself, yelling. You read that right.
Five minutes. Just five minutes of quietly doing what is asked of you.
Listen. To music, to traffic, to sermons, to background noise.
Tune out.
My kids, for five minutes, or when I'm driving and need to.
Tune out myself.
Tune out the music.
Tune out the busyness of background noise.
Tune out myself, my nagging voice of negativity.
Tune out all that is wrong in my life.
Tune out everything but truth.
Listen.
Listen to that still small voice of God in the corners of my mind. Whispering truth.
Listen to the beating of my heart, "Return." always return to your First Love. A steady rhythm, reminding me. Fast as can be, come running to the throne of Grace. Always. It's there.
Listen to all that the Holy Spirit helps me recall. Have an answer for the hope that lies within you. Be ready in and out of season.
Listen to truth, and only truth.
Truth is love, light, forgiveness, self control, faithfulness, patience...
Listen to love.
Speak.
Speak in Love.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back on Lisa-Jo's blog through the button below or this link and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
 Five Minute Friday
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Here from FMF. Oh, the perspective shift that comes when we listen. Enjoyed your post (and love your blog title!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I'll hop on over to your blog now

      Delete
  2. tuning out the noise has been tough for me this morning too. My brood wants to set up the train table while I am writing. thank you for your words and encouragement this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! how often do I need to listen to certain things and tune out others!! I often tune out what I need to listen to and listen to what I should tune out!! good post!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you it's so hard, even to tune out myself at times

      Delete
  4. You nailed it girl - all those things we all struggle with. I am right there with you. Thank you for putting this so well. Your words rang true with me today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! It is so hard at times to tune out all the other noise during the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindi! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.