Saturday, May 25, 2013

Asian Sesame Chicken Salad

One of my favorite salads is this Asian Sesame Chicken salad. The dressing has a little tang, some kick from the jalapenos. Not a lot, but you can leave the Jalapenos out if you like. The dressing can be made ahead of time, leave the cilantro out and toss it in the salad at the last minute.
Since there's no egg or mayonnaise, this salad is great for picnics, I hope you'll try it.
I always make extra wonton strips because everyone keeps eating them off the plate!



Give Peas A Chance Asian Sesame Chicken Salad

Dressing- Whisk together, and adjust seasonings to taste. I use a blender for all of the ingredients except the cilantro and jalapenos. I whisk those in last.
6 tsp rice vinegar
Juice from 1/2 to 1 lime
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1-2 cloves garlic grated/minced
1 1/2 teaspoons of  dried mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed)
Salt to taste, or use Nam Pla (Fish Sauce)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and minced

Wonton Crisps-
12 or more  pieces of wonton wrappers, cut into 1/4- 1/2 inch strips
Oil for frying


To prepare
Fry the strips in hot oil until golden brown .Be careful they go from perfect to burnt quickly.
Remove from oil, and place on a paper towel lined plate or cookie sheet.
Sprinkle with salt if desired.


Salad-
Poached, grilled, or roasted chicken
Use any of the following or your favorite vegetables
Baby spinach
Baby Kale
Lettuce- any type
Cabbage- any type, purple, napa, etc
Bok Choy
Bell peppers
Carrots
Cucumber
Green onion
Cilantro

Garnishes-
Sesame seeds
Sunflower seeds
Wonton Crisps

Assemble salad
Toss vegetables and chicken with dressing.
Top with garnishes.
 Dressing.
 Wontons.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing on Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending the recipe to my Hubby!! I'm hoping he'll make it for me! YUM!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality last week! Looking forward to partying with you again tomorrow evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.