Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November Days of Gratitude Day 6

Picture from the Library Of Congress site.

Today, I am thankful that I can vote. That I have the freedom to do so. That men fought for the right to govern themselves. After that, women fought for their/our/my right to vote. So many suffered to fight for that right. Women were imprisoned and abused in jail, because they were so desperate to vote. Over a span of 50 years. To have a voice. This wasn't long ago. So why aren't more women voting? Too busy? Have to drive the car pool? Have to work? What is it?
Even now, men and women are still protecting our way of life, our freedoms.
Go vote, because you CAN. You have the RIGHT. Use the right that others so desperately fought for. Whichever way you vote. Educate yourself and vote.

Passed by Congress June 4, 1919, and ratified on August 18, 1920, the 19th amendment guarantees all American women the right to vote.
  “The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.”
My other November Gratitude posts can be found here.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.