Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Vinegar+Dawn=Awesome.

If you've been on Pinterest at all, you've seen the miracle that is Vinegar and Dawn pinned many times. It's so simple it's silly. It's on Pinterest as a shower/tub cleaner. Well folks, I use it on my kitchen sinks, the outside of the toilet, my sinks, my tub, my showers, stove top, microwave, my EYE GLASSES. You heard that right. I spray it on my glasses, rub with my fingers, rinse, and dry. WHAT!? Sparkly. On my stove top after I've splatter grease all over it? WORKS LIKE A CHARM. Have a food crusted baking pan? Like last nights lasagna or casserole pan? I just rinse the pan a little bit, spray this stuff all over it, wait and then wipe and rinse. Caked on stuff? I sprinkle baking soda in the baking dish, spray this on top and let it fizz and do it's thang.
I don't even bother rinsing when I spray my sinks/bathroom counter,or stove top with this, sometimes I just don't bother rinsing the microwave. For some odd reason it just wipes off clean, no sticky soapy mess. I just rub it dry. I use "cleaning grade" vinegar, but any white vinegar will do. I will say this, it smells up the wazoo. Like vinegar. It's fine if you like that, but I don't. Once it's dried, or rinsed off it doesn't smell though.
I've even filled my dish-soap dispenser with 1 part blue Dawn, one part vinegar, and1/2 parts water. It's amazing. You must try it.

Make some up, spray it all over your tub/shower. Wait 15 minutes, 1 hour, or overnight, wipe it off with a soft sponge. (If you wait overnight for the shower or tub just splash some water on it before wiping it off.) Same for just about everything else I use it for. Just not my glasses, I can't see without those and they don't get that dirty.
Vinegar+Dawn=AWESOME
1 part vinegar
1 part Dawn dish soap- the blue stuff

Heat the vinegar in the microwave or on the stove top until hot. Add the dish soap. Stir gently. Put it in a spray bottle and use that bad boy on your soap scum/greasy food mess/nasty toilet/smudged glasses and more. Let it sit for 15 minutes- to over night, and wipe off the mess. Rinse.
You can also just shake it up in the spray bottle. It just gets all sudsy. See the suds up top?
I sometimes add 1/2 parts water for cleaning too, after the initial cleaning I think you just don't need the "full strength" of this awesomeness.
I don't make huge batches, but I make a small bottle. I store it for quick jobs. When I want the hot/heated stuff I'm usually ready for a new batch.
*I use this on my glasses, baking dishes- just spray it on and it cuts through food, sinks, tubs, stove top, shower curtain liners (quick cleaning, I toss it in the washer for a deep cleaning), and so much more. But test your surfaces, I'm not responsible for your stuff :P 
Baking soda sprinkled on surfaces, then sprayed with this stuff is perfect for when you need more scouring.
Keep this stuff in a "Magic Wand" and you're good to go!


Pin It!

4 comments:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.