Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pudding Poke Cake

This is so simple. It's so good too. Just an everyday cake. The pudding makes it nice and moist. The only thing is to move fast before your pudding sets when you pour it over the cake. It get's in the holes much easier that way. 
Flavor of cake and pudding is up to you also. I used vanilla pudding and funfetti cake this time. But any flavor combos you like will work. I did not frost this cake. I think it's sweet enough for us. I just spread the pudding over the top of the cake. If you wanted a pudding mix folded into cool whip would be good!

Pudding Poke Cake

1 prepared cake (9x13 inches- ish)
1 box instant pudding, plus the milk to make it  (Large box)
Sprinkles, optional

Poke holes in the cooled cake with the handle of a wooden spoon, or a chopstick.
Mix up pudding as per directions on the box. Pour over the cake while the pudding is still runny. I used a small funnel and stuck the end into the cake, then poured pudding into the holes to make sure they got filled.
Spread pudding over the top of the cake. Add Sprinkles.
Chill.

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. This would work great with the eggless chocolate cake that I make, thanks for the great idea! I found you on the blog hop and am your newest follower :D
    -Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I am your newest follower through Stalker Sunday. Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so yummy! And I love how simple it is. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you come back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much ladies you both have great blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE simple cake recipes!! YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.