Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Valentine's Day Cards 2012

I saw these on Pinterest and I had to make them. I know, it's early. But I figured I'd get them done and printed. Then all I have to do is mount them and add the treat. I am going to put lollipops in them. Pretty much self explanatory looking at these but, here's how I did mine.
1- Take  the picture (Hardest part if you don't know what you're doing, ummm me.)
2- Photoshop with a greeting, name and date.
I put Happy Valentine's Day to a "Sweet" friend and stuff like that. I also made one for Piglet that says "You've got the 'write' stuff" for pencils, perfect if you cant take edible treats to school.
3- Get the pictures printed. (Mount them on colored card stock, I haven't gotten to this point yet, LOL.)
4- Using an exacto knife or razor cut slits above and below the child's fist on the picture.
5- Slide the treat through, and secure with a small piece of tape on the back. 


 Here are some more sayings and gift ideas-
I "mustache" you to be my valentine. - A mustache Photoshopped on the card. (Any treat can be added, but mustache lollipops would be cute and so would these fun/free printables on straws!)
I'm stuck on you.- pieces of gum, sticker strips
 You've got the write stuff/ you're write for me.- pencils
You make my life colorful.- crayons, colored pencils, friendship braclets
I'm stuck on you.- friendship safety pins
School/class would knot be the same without you.- friendship bracelets (I saw this on pinterest!)
You ROCK.- rock candy on sticks
Hugs and Kisses.- you can thread the little strip of paper through the pictures
Anything with "sweet".- lollipops, pixie sticks, Twizzlers
You light up my life.- Glow sticks (sparklers would be awesome for a party with adult supervision)

What other fun things can you think of? I'd love to hear, leave me a comment.
Are you making Valentine's this year?


Pin It!

2 comments:

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.