Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fried Cabbage with Pancetta

I love this. It's so good, like make it and eat it out of the pan good. The cabbage gets caramelized and a little sweet. I like it to get the crust on the edges. The salty pancetta, NOM NOM. I like coconut vinegar, I think it's a little more mild than apple cider or white. Use what you like or have on hand! I only add a little bacon grease or butter if the pancetta doesn't render much fat, it just depends on the pancetta.

I first saw this on a forum I post on. The girl that shared it uses bacon, which I have used also YUM. She also uses white vinegar. I have used white also, and it's good, I just use less of it.

1 small head of cabbage- chopped, about 1 inch pieces
1/4 pound pancetta- diced
bacon grease or butter- if needed
2-3 (or more to taste)  tablespoons vinegar, I used coconut vinegar
salt
pepper

In a pan cook the pancetta until it renders fat/grease. Remove the pancetta from the pan. Add the cabbage to the pan. Let the cabbage cook without stirring until you get a little browning/crust then stir. Cook until the cabbage is as tender as you like it. Turn off the heat, stir in the vinegar and pancetta. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.