Saturday, November 5, 2011

Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cake


I feel like I've been slacking on the pumpkin recipes! :P I've been so very busy, it's crazy. Just like everyone else I'm sure. I am, again, backlogged. But I thought I'd share this quick and easy cake. The glaze is just a quick one whisk together, melted butter (1 tablespoon), maple syrup (2-3 tablespoons), powdered sugar. Add milk to thin if needed.



Give Peas A Chance Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cake
2 sticks butter, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup pumpkin

Mix together-
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt

Optional mix ins- pick one or two.. or?
1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup butterscotch, white, milk or dark baking chips
1/2 cup toasted walnuts

Cream butter and sugar, until fluffy - about 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Add pumpkin. Add flour mixture, stir. Stir in mix-ins.
Bake 350 degrees in a 9x13 inch pan for 35-40 minutes.
Glaze before serving.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.