Sunday, November 20, 2011

Crayon Art, Heartschooling


Crayon Art. All. Over. Pinterest. Nothing new... but I'm having so much fun with it! I don't have a heat gun. If you have one, you should use it. It would help minimize splatters. I use a hair dryer on high heat setting. 
I just use a hot glue gun and line the crayons up on a canvas. You can do letters for monograms, circles, rainbows, monochromatic themes. Small circles for flowers and draw in stems. Grey and white circles for dandelions.
The picture above I used Modge Podge to adhere the Totoro picture. It was my first time using Modge Podge. I'm glad it was simple. I used blues and purples for that one. 
Below is just a rainbow one. You can see some splatters, but my kids pretty much don't care. These are both hanging up in our school room. Which is a homework room.


Basically all you do is-
1. Glue crayons onto a canvas.
2. Slowly heat them to melt. 
3. Tilt the canvas to move the streams of color where you want them. If you want it to have pools of color, put the canvas on a flat surface.

So easy and so cheap, the canvases were 50% I paid $3 bucks for them. The crayons I got during back to school shopping for 50 cents a box. I had the glue gun, but I remember it being $5 a long time ago.
The girl's school room/homework stations.


 They each have their names over their desks. MIL cut them out and put them up for them. She also put up the shelves. The orange strips to the right of the desk up top are magnetic. So they can put up pictures.
I'm loving having this room. No more mad rush to clear off the dining room table. When their desks were downstairs in the play room they weren't being used. I love that all of their supplies and such are accessible.





Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just found it on google! then printed and modge podged it!

      Delete
  2. I just did a tutorial for crayon art on my blog! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi give peace a chance, wow! these look creative and i like the color tones... ooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this crayon art, too...it's amazing! I think it's wonderful that you're experimenting with it! and the owl picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading Give Peas A Chance! Comments may take awhile for me to moderate! I'll post them as soon as I can and reply! If you haven't followed Give Peas A Chance check the right side of my blog to do so!
If you need something right away I can usually be found pretty quickly on my FB page.